MUI X - Overview
MUI X is a collection of advanced React UI components for complex use cases.
MUI X is a collection of advanced UI components, including:
These components are significantly more complex than the ones found in the MUI Core libraries. They feature advanced functionality for data-rich applications and a wide range of other use cases.
- Ship faster: Our team has invested thousands of hours into these components so you don't have to. Get up and running in a fraction of the time it would take to build from scratch.
- Expand on the power of MUI Core: MUI X components work seamlessly with MUI Core libraries like Material UI, delivering more advanced functionality, but can also be used standalone.
- Grow with us: You can start for free with the MIT-licensed packages, and upgrade to Pro or Premium when you need more advanced features or technical support.
- Dedicated maintenance: MUI X is maintained by a full-time staff of engineers, so you can rest assured that any issues will be addressed in a timely manner.
- Technical support: Pro and Premium users get access to technical support from our team as well as priority for bug fixes and feature requests.
MUI X is a collection of advanced UI components for complex use cases. Most of MUI X's components are available for free, but more advanced features require a Pro or Premium commercial license.
MUI Core focuses on empowering the creation of great design systems with React. It comes with two themes (Material Design and an in-house one). It's about solving design problems. It contains foundational UI component libraries like Material UI and Base UI. These libraries are open source, MIT-licensed, and free forever.
MUI X components are fully compatible with MUI Core. MUI X can extend the functionality of UIs built with Material UI or Base UI, but its components can also stand on their own, they can be used with third-parties React component libraries that implement different designs.
You can find more details about the difference in our handbook.