Store Terms of service
Please read the following Terms of service, and understand they are a legally binding document. We encourage you to review the contents carefully in their entirety and to seek legal counsel if you have any concerns. Please note that your use of our Website constitutes your acceptance of these Terms of service and your agreement to be bound by them.
- "MUI" means Material-UI SAS, a legal entity located at 128 Rue La Boétie 75008 Paris, France.
- "Website" means the service and https://mui.com/store/ and related websites and services.
- "Content" means source code, images, vectors, photos, animations, videos, or other media that is available for purchase on the Website.
MUI Store operates a global content licensing platform. MUI Store's customers pay a fee to license from its platform Content submitted by contributors. Contributors get paid a commission every time their Content is licensed.
3. Use of this site
As an absolute condition of your use of the website, products, and/or services you agree to be bound by this agreement. This agreement is between MUI, you, your company, organization, and your client(s) if using this website on behalf of your client(s).
By accessing any service or part of the website you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
We reserve the right to update and/or change this agreement at any time and for any reason without further written notice.
This Website is owned and operated by MUI.
All source code, images, video, audio, text, code, and Website-related material, is owned by MUI and/or its affiliates and is protected by international copyright laws. Any unauthorized use or possession of this material is strictly prohibited.
5. Authorized use
The Content downloaded by you, your company, organization, or on behalf of your client(s) is licensed by MUI according to the relevant license agreement with you.
For templates, the license agreement is located at https://mui.com/store/license/.
The use of the Content or any intellectual property rights is dependent on your acceptance of the Terms of services described here.
Before you upload or download any Content from MUI you need to first register for an account. By registering for an account you warrant that you are at least 18 years old, and are fully authorized to enter into, and agree to be bound by, these terms and conditions and all applicable related agreements. You further agree to provide true and accurate information and to create a user name and password for your account that is secure, using reasonable steps to prevent unauthorized persons or organizations from accessing your account information.
If you detect that your account has been compromised, you are to notify MUI immediately. You may be liable for unauthorized activity, downloads, and/or payments. MUI reserves the right to reject your account application.
It is strictly prohibited to use a MUI account and/or Website to disrupt or destroy MUI property.
You may request to close or disable your account at any time and MUI will use reasonable time and efforts to verify and execute the request. MUI reserves the right to keep copies of all account activity archived on our servers. Disabled and closed accounts will only be accessible to MUI staff and agents.
Parents and Guardians of minors under the age of 18 may register an account on MUI on behalf of their child/minor if they agree to monitor all activity and assume all liability including but not limited to sales, downloads, copyright infringement, and applicable taxes. Children under the age of 18 may not use the Website unsupervised by a parent or legal guardian. If you believe a child or minor in your care has created an unauthorized account on the Website please contact email@example.com to have the account removed.
MUI reserves the right to close, delete, and/or disable your access to the website and account for any reason. If MUI terminates your account, you must first acquire written approval before establishing another account.
7. Information collected
8. Media content
MUI respects the intellectual property rights of all artists. All Content provided to MUI is protected by copyright laws and remains with the copyright holder unless such media is proven to be within the public domain.
9. Fraud protection
In an effort to further protect our contributors' rights, we ask that you not serve any Content online unminified, or with source maps enabled.
You agree to not violate any laws or engage in conduct that infringes on the rights of MUI or any third party. You agree to not engage in any activity that would deny users and MUI access to the Website.
11. Warranties contributors make
The contributor of any Content you buy warrants to you that:
- The Content is of acceptable quality and is fit for the purpose for which it is 'sold'.
- The Content matches the description given on the Content preview page, as well as any Content preview.
- They will honor any express warranties given to you that are not contained in these terms.
- They have the rights necessary to license that Content on the terms of the applicable license.
- Your use of that Content in accordance with the terms of the applicable license does not infringe the intellectual property rights of someone else.
- The Content and its description are not false, inaccurate, misleading, fraudulent, unlawful or defamatory.
- The Content and its description do not violate any applicable law or regulation (including those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, criminal law, pornography, anti-discrimination, trade practices or fair trading).
- The contributor shall not knowingly include: malware, viruses, trap doors, back doors, or other means or functions which will detrimentally interfere with or otherwise adversely affect use of the Content or which could damage or destroy data or other property.
- They will provide you with the services as outlined in the Content support policy.
- They will process your data in accordance with applicable privacy laws and data protection regulations.
12. Warranties MUI makes
Your use of the Website is at your own risk. The Website is provided by MUI under these Terms of service "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express, implied, statutory, or otherwise.
MUI expressly disclaims any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, to each and any service available from the Website, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, and any other warranty that might arise under any law.
Without limiting the foregoing, MUI makes no warranty that:
- (i) the Website will meet your requirements;
- (ii) access to the Website and service will be uninterrupted;
- (iii) the quality of the Website will meet your expectations;
- and (iv) any errors or defects in the site, services or materials will be corrected.
MUI makes no representations or warranties that the Website will be permitted in your jurisdiction, that any of your Content submitted by you will be available through the Website or will be stored by the Website, that the Website will meet your needs, or that MUI will continue to support any particular feature of the Website.
To the extent any disclaimer or limitation of liability does not apply, all applicable express, implied, and statutory warranties will be limited in duration to a period of thirty (30) days after the date on which you first used the Website, and no warranties shall apply after such period.
Refunds for the templates sold in the store must follow the Store Customer refund policy. Except for this policy, or a refund policy specific to a product that takes precedence, or as required by law, MUI shall be under no obligation to issue refunds.
If it's determined that you are entitled to a refund of all or part of the fees you paid, such refund shall be made using the payment method originally used by you to make your purchase.
13.1. European Union right of withdrawal
By downloading any Content you consent to begin the performance of the service, and relinquish the right of withdrawal.
If you reside in the European Union and you cancel your order within fourteen (14) days of making payment to MUI, and provided that you have not yet downloaded any Content, MUI will refund the payment made by you in connection with such canceled order. To cancel your order, please contact Customer Service via firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. MUI trademarks and intellectual property
MUI values the intellectual property of its trademarks, logo, service marks, trade names, Internet domain names, or other intellectual property claimed now or in the future. Nothing in this agreement grants to you any rights to use MUI intellectual property without written consent from a MUI corporate officer.
- You agree to not use the MUI trademarks in any manner that might put MUI in a bad light or otherwise disparage MUI.
- You agree to not challenge the validity of the MUI trademarks and/or intellectual property.
- You agree to not use the MUI name, misspellings of the name, or any variant of the MUI name as domain name or social media account.
- You may not copy or imitate the Website including the page headers, graphics, layout, buttons, icons, scripts or other trade dress without the written consent of a MUI corporate officer.
15. Infringement claims
MUI respects the legitimate intellectual property rights of all content creators. If you believe your copyright or intellectual property rights are being violated by Content provided by MUI, you may notify MUI at email@example.com and we will act accordingly.
16. Sensitive material
MUI does not accept abusive, pornographic, or illegal media. However, some approved Content files on the Website may contain offensive, sexually suggestive, and otherwise sensitive material.
You hereby agree to indemnify MUI and its officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives from each and every demand, claim, loss, liability, or damage of any kind, including actual attorney's fees, whether in tort or contract, that it or any of them may incur by reason of, or arising out of, any claim which is made by any third party with respect to any breach or violation of these Terms of services by you or any claims based on the Content, including without limitation any claims asserted by your end-user customers.
These Terms of service shall be governed by and shall be construed in accordance with French law, without respect to its conflicts of laws principles.
When contracting as a consumer, all actions, controversies and disputes arising from or relating to these Terms of service may be heard and decided by a mediator as provided by Article L.612-1 of the French Consumer Code.
In the event that these Terms of service shall create a conflict with any license agreement obtained from MUI, the terms of such license agreement shall prevail.
You agree and understand that MUI may provide a translation of these Terms of service and other legal agreements into additional languages for your convenience only and the English version of these agreements shall govern your relationship with MUI. If there is a discrepancy between the English version of the agreement and the translated version the English version shall prevail.
22. Changes about terms
If we change our Terms of service we will post those changes on this page.
Last update: August 16th, 2023.