We are looking for a full-stack engineer to pioneer the development of a new product vertical.
- Location: Remote (preference for UTC-5 to UTC+4).
- Type of work: Contractor (full-time, convertible to an employee position in the future).
- Start date: Immediately.
- Level: 4 or above.
- We're a remote company, we prefer asynchronous communication over meetings.
- We work independently, the rest of us won't know what you're doing day-to-day unless you tell us.
Both our open-source community and our premium products are growing fast (x2-3 YoY). We need talented people to keep that going!
Our mission is to make building UIs more accessible. The faster and simpler it is, and the broader the audience that can create custom UIs, the better. We believe that the best way to improve on these dimensions is to eliminate 80% of the code that has to be written.
Our solution empowers React developers to build awesome applications – hundreds of thousands of developers use MUI every month.
But providing React components isn't enough. In our last developer survey, we learned that the majority of our audience are full-stack developers. They are looking for ways to move faster. They are working on a couple of new projects every year, and where the integration between the UI and the data is key.
You will initiate the development of a bold new product vertical. We are looking for an experienced, and ambitious full-stack engineer that is ready to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Define the roadmap and refine the product direction.
- Take ownership of features from idea/mockup to live deployment. You'll shape user-facing features with everything from database models to UI components.
- Ship. Early and often. You'll iterate and ship frequently. You'll have a real impact on the end-user experience and you'll love working on a team that builds stunning UIs and prioritizes delivering real user value as often as possible.
- You'll be interacting with the early users on a regular basis, handling inbound support and feature requests.
You are a manager of one. You are curious, you enjoy taking risks, and learning.
- You are autonomous and a faster learner. You are proactive and can start projects without constant direction.
- You ship code often that is elegant to use and read, and you take ownership of it. You can be relied upon throughout its lifecycle.
- You can put a lot of thoughts into design, product roadmap, and the details of each feature. You won't only take a project and make it "functional."
- You communicate your thoughts and decisions clearly and proactively, and engage with the rest of the team with an optimistic and first principles mindset.
- You've maintained an active repository before. Maybe you've helped maintain a popular open-source repository, or perhaps you've worked on internal repositories that saw contributions from multiple teams.
Competitive compensation of up to $140,000 USD/year, depending on the profile. It could go higher for a person that can significantly push the mission forward. You can find the other perks & benefits in the careers page.