People Operations Manager
Build the HR function from the ground up at a high-growth tech company.
- Location: Remote (preference for UTC-6 to UTC+3).
- Type of work: Full-time (contractor or employee depending on the case)
- Start date: Immediately.
- We're a remote company, we prefer asynchronous communication over meetings.
- We work independently, the rest of us won't know what you're doing day-to-day unless you tell us.
Both our open-source community and our premium products are growing fast (x2-3 YoY). We need talented people to keep that going!
At the current growth rate (self bootstrap), we target 25 new hires in 2022. We would reach 40 people. We need somebody to lead our HR strategy including hiring, onboarding, diversity & inclusion, learning & development, and employee happiness.
You'll have the freedom to implement processes and to drive change across the organization.
Our solution empowers React developers to build awesome applications – hundreds of thousands of developers use MUI every month.
Depending on the day, you'll:
- Connecting individual performance with company goals.
- You will help all individuals understand their primary role within the wider organization.
- You will partner with Finance for budgeting/compensation purposes. You will manage compensation, benefits, leave, and other people-related matters.
- You will shape a strategy that aligns and moves MUI towards continued growth, innovation, and improvement.
- Improve employees experience.
- You will work on the employee engagement survey results.
- You will reduce the admin burden.
- You will own the Retreat. Bring our remote team together. Being a fully distributed remote team has its challenges. You organize team events, make sure everybody has what they need to be productive, and find creative ways to engage as a team.
- Help employee development. You will improve program for evaluating performance and providing feedback.
- Help develop the remote culture. You will continue to train and mentor the team to update information in the handbook, for easy access to all.
- Legal compliance. You will stay current on employee legislation and develop internal policies and procedures to support a scaling company; serve as the main point of contact for administrative matters.
You are a manager of one. You are curious, you enjoy taking risks, and learning.
- 4+ years of experience as an HR business partner, preferably with experience at fast-growing technology companies.
- A great listener who enjoys interacting with others and is open to feedback.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills that will enable you to develop relationships with all members of our team, regardless of tenure or position.
- Experience implementing HR programs such as compensation review process, HR compliance, and employee development/growth.
- Able to handle confidential information with discretion and deal with professionals inside and outside the company.
- Tech-savvy with the ability to learn new tools quickly and find tools to help automate workflows.
- A self-starter looking to grow and willing to own projects from start to finish with limited supervision.
- Basic knowledge of web development.
Competitive compensation depending on the profile and location. We are ready to pay top market rates for a person that can significantly push the mission forward. You can find the other perks & benefits on the careers page.